Associate Software Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an individual to join the World of Warcraft server team as an associate software engineer. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys playing MMOs, has strong programming aptitude, is hard working, and hungers to learn the workings and infrastructure of a massive online gaming environment while implementing simple features. The individual must also enjoy diagnosing problems and helping keep the server code maintainable and optimized.
- Implement World of Warcraft server features.
- Diagnose and fix player impacting problems on live World of Warcraft servers.
- Implement instrumentation and testing strategies to ensure correct functionality of features.
- Performance measurement and optimization.
- Deployment of patches and live hotfixes.
- Very strong programming aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- a miimum of 4 years' computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for implementing complex coding solutions with simple, elegant, easy-to-maintain code
- Basic knowledge of Linux and TCP / IP networking
- Knowledge of C++
- World of Warcraft player
- Passion for video games and writing software
- Passion for problem solving and working in a fast-paced, highly results oriented environment
Want to apply?Apply online: