C++ Network EngineerCompany unspecified (job is advertised through an agency)
C++ Network Engineer – Motion Gaming
C++ Network Engineer for a first party developer and market leader in the motion gaming space based in the Midlands. They continue to push the boundaries with innovation in development. With a history of award-winning titles on multiple platforms stretching back through three decades of gaming, my client remains at the leading edge of high-quality entertainment and multi-million selling AAA titles.
C++ Network Engineer who is passionate and highly technical to work with their Network Sync Engineer on defining requirements, architecting solutions and driving implementation.
The C++ Network Engineer will collaborate across the studio and work with their partners. The C++ Network Engineer will be responsible for synchronizing the entities of their games, communicating with, and creating, servers and peers alike, as well as helping to advance the state of networking to ensure they remain at the forefront of industry developments in these areas. You will be required to develop and maintain key partnerships across the studio, particularly with our gameplay engineering team and will be involved in studio-wide architectural discussion to maintain our engine in a networkable state.
• Deliver advanced game engine software for use within the studio.
• Work with partners inside and outside of the Studio to push shared direction and avoid duplication of research efforts.
• Provide technology intelligence to Rare’s senior leadership team.
• Enable our gameplay engineers and content creators to deliver world class AAA products.
• Continually maintain & simplify the architecture of our networking libraries to help other engineers synchronize their state without involvement of dedicated networking engineers.
• Develop new networking software as required.
• Together with other networking engineers:
• Assist the engine team to architect their software in a way that allows for easy synchronization.
• Define, and implement, the networking topology most suitable for our products on a case by case basis.
• Mentor other engineers in the peculiarities of network engineering.
• Ensure our codebase remains in a networkable state.
Additional Desirable Experience
• Ownership of network synchronization architecture on a AAA game.
• Implementation of real-time physics in a synchronised network environment.
• Experience aligning requirements of serialization, game-state saving and loading, game state recording and playback, game state remote synchronization and delivering solution that serve them all.
• Previous use of the Xbox LIVE APIs and the Xbox 360 XDK in general.
Technical/Functional Skills required for the C++ Network Engineer
• Excellent software engineering and software architecture skills.
• Excellent C++ programming, debugging and optimization skills using modern C++.
• Comprehensive, low level understanding of network topologies, TCP/UDP/IP, NAT traversal
• Excellent knowledge of networking challenges; asynchronous programming,
• Knowledge of C#, Mel Script or Python is an advantage.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner, achieving compromises with other disciplines when required to hit deadlines.
• Strong ability to quickly understand code & architecture not created personally.
• Very strong problem-solving skills - ability to think outside the box.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Ben Shatford on 01709 834777 or email email@example.com if you are interested in this position
Click here to jump to the original posting