Contract VFX ArtistCompany unspecified (job is advertised through an agency)
Our client are a first party developer and market leader in the motion gaming space, they continue to push the boundaries with innovation and new technology development.
With a history of award-winning franchises on multiple platforms stretching back through three decades of gaming, my client remains on the leading edge of high-quality entertainment and innovation. Due to their continued success they are now looking for an experienced Contract VFX Artist to join them and create amazing game effects
Reporting into our Technical Art Director, you will work as part of the production game team, applying your skills and experience in a wide array of technical art areas for upcoming projects.
Key Accountabilities /Responsibilities
• To assist in leading VFX through the various stages of development and ensure that quality and content is clearly defined.
• Responsible for working collaboratively with the other teams (Design, Art, Software and Audio) to find production solutions that uphold the vision and establish technical requirements.
• Responsible for documentation & communicating clear technical guidelines for VFX creation and real-time
• To ensure consistency between vision and implementation of Vfx to the Art style.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Excellent understanding of creating real-time particle effects for games.
• Create dynamic VFX and apply to a variety of assets.
• Experienced 3D modeler, preferably in Maya.
• Experienced in defining estimates on resources, tasks breakdown and time management.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the new tools for creating various visual effects
• Excellent understanding of art production pipeline
• Good organizational and communication skills
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Full understanding of game requirement for relevant field
• Level headed, able to work under pressure and respond efficiently to change
Degree educated, or equivalent work experience in professional field
For more information, or to apply for the role, please contact Peter Broughton at Aardvark Swift or e-mail Peter.Broughton@aswift.com
Please note that this is a Contract Position that will run until April 2013
Click here to jump to the original posting