Unique in the industry for both its sandbox design mechanics and its single-shard universe, EVE Online is the only MMOG which has grown every year since its launch in 2003, boasting 400,000 subscribers and remarkable retention rates. With the 2012 launch of DUST 514 as a AAA free-to-play game exclusively on Playstation 3, CCP expects to see millions of gamers enter the EVE Universe as futuristic infantry soldiers, where they will join the spacefaring corporations of EVE Online, waging war in the single-shard virtual world of EVE and participating in the same economy, alliances and intrigue.
Privately held, CCP achieved $66 million in 2011 revenue and is poised to have its largest year ever in 2012 with the launch of DUST 514 alongside the continued growth in EVE Online.
CCP is seeking a smart, experienced gamer who also happens to be a great marketing copywriter. Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing Services, the Copywriter will be involved in the development of a wide variety of written materials, from the traditional (packaging, advertising) to the digital (email, web, social media) and beyond. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work autonomously when necessary, and will have no trouble switching between projects, formats, and styles as needed.
- You love playing video games, particularly console FPS and PC MMO games, and you also know how to write about them in a way that makes them come alive for readers.
- You ask questions when it’s appropriate, but you also know when it’s best to listen and observe.
- You are creative, resourceful, and conscientious.
- You enjoy a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- You are a quick study, don't fluster easily, and know how to manage your own time.
- You have ad agency experience, or a marketing communications or journalism background.
- Candidates must submit a collection of representative writing samples to be considered
- Demonstrated ability to write good marketing copy in a wide variety of lengths and formats
- Expert knowledge of English grammar, usage, and style (specifically The Chicago Manual of Style)
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Proficient with computers and writing software (e.g., Microsoft Word)
- Experience using Basecamp or other tracking-and-approval software is a plus
Want to apply?Apply online: