Experienced ProgrammerCompany unspecified (job is advertised through an agency)
Our client is an established games company who is looking to recruit an experienced programmer to join their Racing development team in Birmingham. You will be working with them on developing the next addition of their award winning AAA racing title.
This is a very exciting opportunity to work on a successful IP, within a world leading studio.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Working from requirements delegated by line manager, develop a detailed specification to be agreed and signed off by line manager.
• Working with the agreed specification, develop a schedule, in conjunction with Line Manager, for Implementation and Testing.
• Identify and report additional tasks over and above the delegated work that will aid the projects schedule and / or quality.
Implementation and Testing of Code
• Working from agreed specification and schedule, implement code to the required standards.
• Notify Line Manager of any changes arising in agreed specification and schedule.
• Ensure all code is produced in line with the projects agreed coding standards.
• Report progress to Line Manager and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
• Test all code against specification to ensure it performs as required.
• Fix any bugs identified in owned code, either through own testing or by QA.
• Assist in fixing bugs across the project.
• Working with other team members to resolve issues identified in implementation.
• Ensure all code is documented in line with relevant procedures.
• Ensure any software designed for use by a customer is fully documented in a useable help file.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 2.1 or above in a relevant degree (maths/physics/computer science/computer games technology)
• 3 A Levels or equivalent at B or above ( of which two must be Science and not including General Studies)
• 1 completed games project
• Major high level language, preferably C or C++
• Computer architecture knowledge
In return the company offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
More details are available by contacting Hollie Heraghty at Aardvark Swift via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to jump to the original posting