Vehicle Dynamics ProgrammerCompany unspecified (job is advertised through an agency)
My client is the world’s leading independent racing game developer. With a history spanning over
24 years, the studio has won numerous awards for its million-plus selling titles and gaining
exceptional acclaim in the business sector. They are looking for a Vehicle Dynamics Programmer to join them.
• Maintain and extend the Vehicle Dynamics Engine code as required for all types of vehicles/bikes.
• Maintain and extend the AI engine code and ensure the AI controlled vehicles interface directly into the Vehicle Dynamics Engine.
• Analyse and optimise run-time performance of the Vehicle Dynamics Engine and the AI Engine. Extend existing Python tools in this regard.
• Source Control
• Make regular code check-ins to Subversion database
• Distributed build – reduce build times by ensuring the vehicle build process can be distributed efficiently.
• Support for run-time editors from within Internal CAD Editor for faster more flexible game
• Vehicle Editor – allowing set up team to modify the car setup while driving, to allow
• plug-ins to adjust assist controllers in real time, such as ABS.
• AI Editor – allowing racing line and path lines to be added and edited.
• Developing a culture of continuous improvement, aiming for excellence, in all personal
computer code produced.
• Liaising with the Technology Manager to ensure that all code produced meets the style and
standards required by the Project Manager.
• Ensuring that all game code produced by the Programming Group conforms to design, and
meets the highest possible standards of gameplay.
• Expertise in the following is recommended:
• Distributed build systems
• Source Control
• Simulating dynamic systems
More details are available by contacting Ben Shatford at Aardvark Swift via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to jump to the original posting