Location – East Anglia
Job Type – Permanent
Format – PC
Salary – Competitive inc Benefits
Game Engine Developer
Based in East Anglia, our client is the UK’s leading independent online games studio. They are looking for exceptional and passionate programmers, to join their Technologies team.
Joining the Technologies Team, you would be working as part of a core team on a vibrant and live codebase supporting a passionate and dedicated development team and games that are played by millions of players every month.
They are looking for interesting and creative people who revel in solving unique and interesting problems daily to join us, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and also able to code in a succinct manner.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company, and help them achieve their ambitious goals for 2017 and beyond.
Key Duties Include
- Programming using Java and C++ in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Researching, innovating and developing new game engine technology
- Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
- Being constantly proactive in finding ways to improve both how we work and how our games operate
- Extremely proficient at using Java, C++ or similar
- A passion for innovating solutions and solving problems in a unique technology stack
- Experience of working on client/server applications
- Experience with one or more key game development disciplines such as rendering, tools, gameplay, AI, networking, etc.
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Game industry experience
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Knowledge of other platforms including, but not limited to, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl or similar
In return they offer a very competitive salary and company benefits package. A state of the art studio with a fantastic onsite canteen, gaming rooms, chill out areas and more!
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd – Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420