Opportunity for a Lighting Artist to work with a Guildford studio instrumental in the development of Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars VR. 2017 is no different, one cool gig!
The gig -
- Creating both the exterior and interior lighting within the levels and cut scenes.
- Placing and tweaking of light sources within the environment.
- Creation of sky dome and cloud textures.
- Tuning of shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of special effects related to lighting an atmosphere. Such as; light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
- Collaborate with the Technical Art and Engineering teams to develop tools and pipelines.
This bit is you –
- Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Strong sense of lighting theory; colour space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Good understanding and experience with physical based lighting system
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process desirable
- Experience in Unreal or Unity beneficial
- Working knowledge of Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
This is an initial 12 month contract, rate DOE but healthy!
How to apply
This job was posted at Amiqus. Click here to go to the original listing.