Job Title – Network Engineer – Console – London
Location – London
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Competitive
Job ID – 10479
OPM are working with a globally renowned studio who a seeking an engineer to join the R&D department to work on a set of network-related SDK libraries and tools for current platforms and beyond, supporting developers world-wide. This role will be as part of an existing project team and the successful applicant will need good team skills as well as experience of programming.
The successful applicant will join the development of network-related libraries and their associated documentation, tools and samples, to aid licensees in producing next-generation games on a variety of platforms. The workflow will also include writing tests that will be part of test suites and take part on code reviews.
As part of the role, the applicant will also investigate new technologies, trends and ideas with the purpose to propose new projects and provide improvements to existing ones.
Applicants need to work well in a team with engineers on technical projects. They will need to be highly self-motivated and able to work well under pressure and to show initiative. They will also be ready to learn new skills and techniques. They should be enthusiastic about network programming and games, forward thinking and keen to be at the forefront of the next generation of consoles.
The following skills/experience are necessary:
– Strong technical background in computer science, educated to at least degree level.
– Good C++ skills. Strong knowledge of OOP as well as memory management.
– Able to continuously adapt to an agile environment.
– Able to learn new languages and adapt to new processes if required.
– Problem solver. Able to apply lateral thinking to day-to-day problems.
The following skills/experience are highly advantageous:
– High level development languages and engines: C#, Unity.
– Network development in general: BSD Sockets, RestAPIs and others.
– Experience with Git (VCS), GitLab/GitHub, Bugzilla, Google Test, Fiddler, Wireshark.
– Able to communicate in Japanese.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Jody on +44 (0) 1206214423 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Jody Zarkos | Technical Consultant
OPM Response LTD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214423 | Email: email@example.com | Skype: jody.zarkos.opm